Many people now own a second home and use it as a holiday home or as an investment property to let to other holidaymakers or a combination of both. Whether your second home is in the U.K. or elsewhere in the world, we can provide cover for both the property itself and the contents on a carefully selected holiday home insurance policy and will take time to explain the features specific to this type of policy including any conditions that may apply where a property is left unoccupied for extended periods of time.

We offer a wide range of options so that you don't pay for what you don't need so if for example you own a holiday apartment abroad and pay a service charge for the buildings insurance already, we can insure your contents and your fixtures on their own. On the other hand, if you own a villa that's let out to holidaymakers, we can insure your buildings and contents comprehensively and can extend cover to include accidental damage. Another important consideration for those clients who let their property out is their liability to the public. Any policy that we recommend will include public liability cover of at least £2,000,000 for bodily injury or damage to third party property where you are proven to have been negligent. A contents only policy can also be extended to include this liability cover if required.

Holiday Home

Key areas of cover include:

  • Annual policy covering all your holidays within Europe only including option to add Winter Sports

  • Emergency Medical Expenses up to £10,000,000

  • Cancellation up to £5,000

  • Option to include lost or delayed baggage

  • Medical Screening Line for clients with pre-existing medical conditions

  • The DTW 1991 Holiday Travel Plus policy is endorsed by the British Insurance Brokers Association for peace of mind