A buy-to-let residential property is an important investment for many people and protecting it from the unexpected is essential. Things can and do go wrong, even with what appear to be the perfect tenants, but the right cover can help provide important peace of mind particularly as many clients believe that a standard household insurance policy is adequate when it is not. We have many years of experience in advising clients who own just one property right through to those that own a very large portfolio of properties.

There are many providers of this type of insurance but there are some key things that landlords needs to consider such as the unoccupancy terms that apply as these vary widely from one insurer to the other – many buy-to-let properties are temporarily unoccupied between tenancies and it is vital that cover is sought from an insurer who offers the most generous policy terms in this regard. In addition to this, some insurers offer both malicious damage and theft by tenant in addition to all of the usual covers you would expect and we will take all your circumstances into consideration and offer you the best possible cover to suit your needs.

Residential Property Owners

Key areas of cover include:

  • Cover for either single let properties or portfolios covering multiple properties

  • Comprehensive cover on Buildings including Accidental Damage

  • Consequential Loss of Rental Income cover following a loss included as standard

  • Property Owners Liability up to £5,000,000 included as standard

  • Malicious Damage and Theft by tenant included as standard

  • Option to include Landlords Contents

  • Monthly instalment facilities available